Sunday, July 20, 2008

Birthday Cake


My sister wanted an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery for her birthday, but the mall closes rather early, so we ended up getting an ice cream cake from our local bakery. The ice cream was Neapolitan (which I always thought was "Napoleon" when I was younger), and there was a thin layer of chocolate cake at the bottom.

Honestly, I'm not the best person to judge food items that contain chocolate, because that's just about my least favorite food. My mom and my cousin, certified chocoholics, always tell me how weird I am.

Besides that, though, the cake was a little dry and hard, which can probably be expected in an ice cream cake. Or we didn't let it defrost properly, because, as you can see in the picture, the fruit on top is still mostly frozen. This wasn't the best ice cream cake I've had, but what's important is that it's still ice cream cake.

This bakery makes wonderful regular cakes, though, and I'm looking forward to eating the one we bought for my uncle's birthday.

Short version: Meh.

No comments: