Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bucket o' Chicken


We went to KFC for lunch yesterday and got a mixed bucket of chicken so we could try out a bunch of different stuff. In the little red box is popcorn chicken. Going clockwise, we have chicken strips, followed by extra-crispy mixed chicken. In the box to the left of the bucket is KFC's new sauceless hot wings.

Because I'm lazy and don't like picking bones out of my food, I particularly enjoyed the chicken strips and the popcorn chicken. Easy to eat, cooked very moist, crunchy, and very fattening. =)

Next time I'll probably go for the crispy mixed chicken instead of the extra crispy. The crispy is what most people are used to with fried chicken. The extra crispy comes in one solid sheet of skin instead of a bunch of crunchy pieces. I would have termed it "extra mushy" instead.

I was expecting the sauceless hot wings to be hotter. They tasted like hot wings that I would eat with sauce. But then again, I'm partial to super hot stuff like 水煮牛, so that's probably not a fair comparison.

Short version: I liked the strips and popcorn chicken.

No comments: