Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tres Leches


We went out to Churrascos for my sister's birthday dinner on Friday. There was a LOT of excellent food, but unfortunately this is the only picture I took. This is their tres leches cake, which we had for dessert. It's very, very sweet and amazingly heavy for how fluffy it seems at first.

Other menu items I definitely recommend are:

  • the sampler appetizers (I loved the fried jalapenos, but you have to love spicy food to enjoy them)
  • the filet mignon, medium rare (very tender, yet flavorful)
  • the mini bananas that came as a side to the entree
  • the Argentinian wine (I don't recall what we had exactly, but it was a suggestion from the waiter)

You're going to want to dress up a little. My family wore jeans and felt out of place. And this place is rather expensive, so take a deep breath before looking at your tab.

Short version: Yummy, if you can afford it.

No comments: