Friday, May 29, 2009

Andre's

I actually had 2 lunches yesterday, one after the other, because I went to Andre's in Uptown Plaza (Houston) to catch up with Shannon immediately following my first lunch get-together. >.< Andre's was full of well-dressed professionals on their lunch break, even at 13:30. I felt a little out of place wearing shorts and flip flops, but I knew that was a possibility before I went out, and I wasn't about to dress nicely specifically for lunch. Andre's had a bunch of tasty-looking desserts on display, but I wasn't about to only order dessert and leave Shannon to eat by herself while I watched, so I ordered a lunch meal of a shrimp and avocado salad. Apparently, the lunches also come with dessert! ^.^ The salad was larger than I expected. It was delicious, so even though I was full, I made my best effort at eating it. Afterwards, we were presented with a plate of desserts from which to select. Shannon got the white chocolate mousse something, and I got the raspberry one. (I forget what they were specifically called.) We spent some time trying to figure out what the soft green stuff in my cake was. It was tasty, and I guessed that it might have been tea flavored. *shrug* The place was medium priced for the amount and quality of food. Would be a cool place for a lunch date, if you were that type of person.

1 comment:

Llamaentity said...

The shrimp and avocado salad looks good :}D

That's really cool that you get dessert with your meal... I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant like that. Both desserts look quite tasty. ^.^