Monday, May 25, 2009

Fu Fu Cafe

We tried to eat breakfast at Classic Kitchen, but for some odd reason it was closed for a half day. I say odd because there were people eating inside, and we were told it was closed when we walked in. So we went to Fu Fu Cafe. It was a little hard to order because we couldn't understand the waitress's mainland accent, and she couldn't understand ours. The tofu soup consisted of mushrooms and tofu. It was pretty good. The scallion pancakes were oddly thick, as was the bun portion of the pork sandwich. The you tiao (once met a rude British man who called them crullers) was all right, but I prefer them to be crunchier. For some reason, I included the vegetarian dumplings, but I don't really recall how they tasted. The verdict: Meh. I'd eat here again, but I sure hope Classic Kitchen gets their act together so I can go there.

1 comment:

Llamaentity said...

That tofu soup sounds pretty bice'd... especially since mushrooms are awesome :P

I also like dumplings a lot, though I generally prefer dumplings with some form of meat. :}D