Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tiffany's birthday

Surprise party for Tiffany held at JW Sushi Bar in Houston. They have a bar setup on the ground floor, and a restaurant style dining area on the 2nd floor. We all hid upstairs and jumped out at Tiffany when she arrived. Then there was food, which consisted of a salad, miso soup, and a large plate of sushi. Guess I've been having a lot of sushi lately. >.< I had never thought of sushi as being filling, but after a plate and a half of food, I was stuffed. ^.^ The sushi had been sitting out for a while because we were waiting for the birthday girl to arrive (her boyfriend kept getting lost), but that really only affected the raw stuff. My favorite was the eel, which was cooked. I'm not usually a fan of mayonnaise or imitation crab meat, but it worked well as a topping on some of the sushi. Afterwards, we ate a birthday cake from Merryland bakery. Chinese cakes are the best! They're light and fluffy, and this one had a layer of mango pudding and a layer of taro paste. Also, Chinese cakes usually have fruit on top and don't have ridiculous amounts of icing. ^.^ My dream cake would probably be a Chinese style ice cream cheesecake... They do have those, right? =P

1 comment:

Llamaentity said...

Mmm... sounds like a yummy party >.<

Hmm... I'm not big on mayonnaise in the least bit, though I'm cool with imitation crab meat :P And eel = win (dragon rolls are one of my favorites :}D)

The cake actually sounds good, and I'm generally not big on cake, however usually it's because there's too much icing, and not enough fruit/flavoring. The cake you've described, however, sounds light on the icing, and has a layer of mango pudding... so I'd like to try some XD (Also, an ice cream version would be awesome, I bet :P)